Education Staffing Partnership
Teaching supply agency
Education Staffing Partnership is keen to speak to Sports Graduates experienced in working with secondary aged pupils both in a classroom or externally and who would be interested in supporting secondary schools in the Newport area on a long term, short term or Ad Hoc basis. If you are looking to pursue a career in teaching then is is a great step in the right direction to gain the experience you need.
- Minimum 12 weeks experience working with Children in any capacity
- Experience working in either key stage 3, 4 or 5.
- Classroom/ Behaviour Management skills.
- SEN experience can be an advantage
The role itself:
Working as a Cover Supervisor can be very rewarding but also very demanding. The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher. And dealing with any issues that may arise.
What will your school day look like?
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher Supervising the completion of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school’s standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
- There will be no planning or marking involved but you do get the experience of understanding how it feels to deliver a lesson as a teacher!
All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks, including a DBS check. All appointments will be made subject to a DBS check. The Education Staffing Partnership is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate based on age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture, or disability. Everyone is assessed on merit alone.
The Education Staffing Partnership is an employment agency and employment business.